As we receive new information about COVID-19, we as a facility and community continue to adapt to the new recommendations to ensure the safety of residents, staff, and community are met. Since visiting restrictions have been implemented we would like to take this time to update you on different changes that we have implemented. Please share with other family members.
Regarding Staff Measures:
- Staff entering the building are screened before the start of each shift.
- All food items in the cafeteria are no longer self-serve options such as the salad bar.
- Our beautician is not able to come to our facility due to new guidelines.
- Dental Hygienist will not be performing dental hygiene services at this time.
Regarding Resident Measures:
- Activities Department is following social distancing and non-communal activities while still offering residents opportunities to engage in activities. Some of the activities that have been modified include: Bingo, virtual travel to destinations, kickball in hallways, music entertainment, and popcorn will be delivered to rooms, for just a few activities to name.
- Residents are screened daily which include temperature reading and assessing for signs and symptoms of respiratory illness.
- We are participating in non-communal dining and Spiritual Care Activities for residents.
- Based on new information from the Minnesota Department of Health as of 3/18/20, residents are not able to go out of the facility for appointments, visits, and therapeutic leaves. What hasn’t changed is providers continuing to be updated on resident care needs. Unfortunately, if a resident does leave the facility we will not be able to accept them back and thus they have discharged from our facility.
- Staff from other departments are also helping in the nursing home with one on one visits, painting nails, hand massages, fixing hair, bingo, sing along and any other requests residents have are being accommodated.
Certainly we encourage any form of communication to stay in contact with your loved one by phone, cards, letters, emails, and Skype, etc. Darlene Lindsay, QLA can be emailed with messages and or pictures at [email protected] for email communications to relay to your loved one. Please feel free to reach out if you have any other creative ideas to share! We appreciate your support and understanding.
Listed below are additional phone numbers and resources to utilize.
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
218-643-0570 (Unit Clerk)
Nurse’s Portable Phone
218-643-0811 (Side A: Rooms 940-968)
218-643-0812 (Side B: Rooms 900-930)
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. 218-643-0590 (Unit Clerk)
Nurse’s Portable Phone
218-643-0809 (Side A: Rooms 840-868)
218-643-0810 (Side B: Rooms 800-830)
MDH Public Hotline for COVID-19
Monday-Friday, 8-4:30 PM
Ann Holme, Regional Ombudsman
40719 Co Hwy 23
Ortonville, MN 56278
Ph: 320-273-2364 or 800-657-3591